Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Our EAP provider Aetna Resources for Living, is here for all of life's challenges. The services are confidential and free of charge to you and anyone in your household. The EAP can help you with:
- Counseling/Emotional Support: relationship difficulties, marital and family issues, emotional/psychological concerns, recognizing alcohol and drug issues, coping with substance abuse, stress and anxiety, depression, grief issues, work-life balance.
- Legal: speak with an attorney about legal issues such as estate planning and family and domestic issues, etc. Free online will. Free initial consultation for each issue. Services beyond the initial consults are provided at a reduced rate.
- Financial: discuss debt, budgeting, tax planning, credit counseling and more with a financial expert. Free initial consultation for each issue. Services beyond the initial consults are provided at a reduced rate.
- Work-life Services: let a work-life specialist help you solve everyday issues and assist with identifying and locating referral sources by doing the legwork to save you time and stress. Examples include referrals and information about child and elder care, caregiver support, school and college planning, and convenience services (e.g., home cleaning, lawn/landscaping, plumbing, and automotive).
- Website: video resources, articles, assessments, webinars and more. Please visit the Resources for Living website at www.resourcesforliving.com. To access the website, enter “LADWP” in the Username field and “EAP” for the password.
Requesting Counseling Services
There are two resources for EAP counseling services: 1) On-site counselor at the John Ferraro Building (JFB); and 2) Resources for Living’s network of counselors.
JFB On-site Counselor:
On-site counseling is available Monday through Friday between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. The EAP Office is located at JFB Room A-28. On-site counseling appointments may be requested by calling (213) 367-3562:
Joalla Gold, LCSW
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
Dinko Zidarich, LMFT
Tuesday and Thursday
Counselors from the Resources for Living Network:
If the on-site counselor is not immediately available or if you would like to meet with a counselor closer to your home, closer to your work, or at a later time in the day, Resources for Living also has a network of counselors available. You may also work with a counselor through live video stream or get in-the-moment support by phone. To request a network counselor, please contact Resources for Living anytime, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, toll-free at (888) 439-7327.
Coping with Distress from Current Events
Distressing events can affect everyone who lives through them. Even people who experience these events only through the media can have emotional and stress reactions.
We've put together these resources to help you through these challenging times.
And remember: You can call us 24/7 to talk about personal or work-related issues. We're always here for you.
Resources to Help Cope:
Employee Assistance Program COVID-19 Resources
COVID-19 response is bringing a lot of changes to our lives. Our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) vendor, Aetna Resources for Living, has put together various resources to help you cope during this challenging time. Please click on the corresponding links below. You may also visit the EAP website for videos, articles, and webinars (see attached) on a variety of COVID-19 resources.
User Name Log In: LADWP
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website
- Resources For Living COVID-19 resources
- Resources For Living caregiver resources
Managing Anxiety and Stress
- Managing COVID-19 anxiety and stress webinar | Transcript
- Ways to keep CALM webinar | Transcript
- Ways to stay CALM infographic
- Coping with coronavirus fears
- Coping with COVID-19 for medical staff
For Parents and Children
- Helping children cope with COVID-19 | Transcript
- You can be a Health Hero! (video for children ages 5-10) | Transcript
- Things to do with your kids while you're home together
Spending Time at Home
- Feeling lonely? You're not alone
- Things to do while staying at home infographic
- Ways to stay connected without leaving your home
Emotional health and well-being is a journey. myStrength is here each day to provide inspiration, cultivate resilience and strengthen skills to build strong mental health. This application is free to use and download. Visit myStrength to get started. Use the access Code: ladwp.
Who Is Aetna Resources for Living?
Aetna Resources for Living is a leading provider of employee assistance programs and administrative behavioral services. Aetna Resources for Living has provided EAP services for employees of America's major corporations since 1975. Aetna Resources for Living counselors are fully licensed professionals who have the clinical training and expertise to help you and your family. These counselors are carefully selected for their practical, active approach to counseling, so that your problems can be quickly and effectively resolved. If they cannot help you, they will find someone who can.
What are the program's objectives?
The LADWP Employee Assistance Program is a free, confidential, professional service designed to promote individual and organizational health and effectiveness. The EAP provides a comprehensive range of services for Department employees, supervisors and managers to prevent or resolve personal or workgroup problems and to improve health, safety and productivity. Aetna Resources for Living is an external organization and its staff is not part of LADWP for confidentiality reasons.
Why an EAP?
LADWP provides an EAP to protect its most valuable investment - you. It has contracted with Aetna Resources for Living EAP Services to provide you and each of your eligible household members with access to professional assistance for the challenges of everyday living. This service is provided by clinicians throughout the United States at locations convenient to you and your family.
What services does the EAP provide for managers?
There are two on-site managers of EAP in Room A28 of the John Ferraro Building. They may be reached during working hours at (213) 367-3562. If not available, call (888) 439-7327. Management services include:
- Mental Health and Chemical Dependency Assessment & Counseling
- Trauma Response
- Training & Education
- Management & Division Consultation
As close as your phone...
You and your eligible family members can access the EAP at any time - 24 hours a day, 365 days per year. This
program - which is completely confidential - provides counseling, education and referral. Following is the
toll-free number for requesting an initial appointment. This number is also for emergencies and crisis intervention.
The hotline is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
(888) 4DWP EAP
TDD: (888) 879-8274
- Go to the EAP website: www.resourcesforliving.com
- Company ID: "LADWP"
- password: "EAP"
- Talking to someone who's at risk of suicide (new)
- Risk Factors and Warning Signs of Suicide (new)
- Tobacco Cessation Resource Guide (new)
- Substance Abuse Recovery Support (new)
- Alcohol Abuse Recovery Support (new)
- Alcohol Abuse Resource Guide (new)
- Opiate Abuse Resource Guide (new)
- Wildfire Resources 2021
- EAP In Your Hands
- EAP Financial Resource
- Parenting Resources
- West Coast Wildfires 2020
- Blue Ridge and Silverado Wildfire Resources
- Back to School Resource Guide